Conservatorships and Adult Guardianships | Nolo - adult conservatorship


Guardianship and Conservatorship adult conservatorship

Conservatorship vs. Adult Guardianship. In some states, conservatorships are called adult guardianships, but the terms mean roughly the same thing. For the rest of this article, we will use the term "conservatorship" to refer to adult guardianships and conservatorships.Author: Nolo.

In California, this legal arrangement is called a conservatorship. Conservatorships are established for impaired adults, most often older people. Adults who are developmentally disabled or the victims of a catastrophic illness or accident also may have a conservatorship. For help filling out the forms to file a conservatorship, please visit ACCESS.

A conservatorship is a court case where a judge appoints a responsible person or organization (called the “conservator”) to care for another adult (called the “conservatee”) who cannot care for himself or herself or manage his or her own finances. To learn more about conservatorships, watch With Heart: Understanding Conservatorship.

JDF 892 Certificate of Registration and Recognition of Protective Orders from Other States - Conservatorship for Adult. JDF 891 Registration and Recognition of Protective Orders from Other States and Sworn Statement - Conservatorship for Adult must be signed in front of a Notary Public or court clerk. You can find a Notary Public by looking in.